Posted by Truphone on June 19, 2009
'Truphone OS 3.0 for iPhone' uses the new push notification technology in iPhone OS 3.0 to provide Truphone users with a great new feature - Truphone Voicemail with Message Waiting Alerts.
Truphone Voicemail with Message Waiting Alerts allows you to receive a real-time alert whenever another Truphone user leaves a message on your Truphone voicemail, even if you don't have the Truphone application open on your iPhone.
Truphone Message Waiting Alerts gives you:
- On-screen Message Box - tells you who has called and left a message
- App Icon Notification - tells you how many messages you have waiting
- Real-time alerts - gives your callers confidence their message will reach you quickly
This new feature is completely free, as is receiving calls, and retrieving and listening to your voicemail message.
To personalise your Truphone Voicemail Welcome Message, or retrieve your waiting messages, dial 1571 from the Truphone keypad, or click on the Voicemail contact in TruFriends.
Truphone OS 3.0 is only compatible with iPhone OS 3.0, so you will need to upgrade to iPhone OS 3.0 first (find out more here).
For new users, once you have done this, you can get Truphone OS 3.0 from here for free.
For existing Truphone for the iPhone users, please follow these instructions:
- STEP 1 - Delete your current version of the Truphone application (touch and hold the Truphone application icon until all icons shake, then select the 'x' that appears on the Truphone icon) and restart the iPhone
- STEP 2 - Go to the App Store and install 'Truphone OS 3.0 for iPhone' (not 'Truphone OS 2.0 for iPhone'). Select 'Existing customer' and tap 'Go'. You may be prompted for your account details. If you can't remember your password, you can reset it here
Please note, if users don't upgrade to the iPhone OS 3.0 software, then there don't have to do anything. Truphone will continue working as normal. Users who upgrade to iPhone OS 3.0 but don't install Truphone OS 3.0 for the iPhone may experience some quality issues though.
What about Truphone for the iPod touch?
The latest Truphone for the iPod touch application (v3.0), which launched on May 31, is already compatible with the OS 3.0 software, so users who have downloaded or upgraded the app since May 31 will not be affected. Download the iPod Touch OS 3.0 compatible version here.